Plan d’ Ani. All inscriptions in Armenian first, followed by French translations. [Venice, monastery of St Lazare, c.1850]. Map 31x24cm, two tears in the lower part, entering printed area, some light misfold in the upper left, otherwise fine. Lithographed map of the ancient capital of Armenia, in ruins by the 19th century. In late 1840s the ancient capital had been for the first time investigated by Russians (measurements in the map, in Russian versts). The Armenians had a well organized press in Venice and published separately this important map, the first one of their ancient capital, in Armenian. VERY RARE.