GERMANY: Panzer badge (bronze). It was instituted 20 December 1939 and was designed by the Berlin firm of Wilhelm Ernst Peekhaus. The bronze version of the Panzer Badge was authorized for armoured personnel and Panzer grenadier units equipped with armoured vehicles. It was also to be presented to members of armoured reconnaissance groups and rifle battalions of Panzer divisions. Extremely Fine.